Re: Synaptics in 2.6.X

"Filipe Santa-Clara" <santa.clara@netcabo.pt> writes:

>> try giving the boot option "i8042.nomux",
>> that helped for me with 2.6.2 on a Thinkpad T30.

After rereading your first mail I think that's not the problem,
as this is only if your touchpad is not detected at all.

>> "Filipe Santa-Clara" <santa.clara@netcabo.pt> writes:
>> >
>> > That is a problem!!!! There's no CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_SYNAPTICS in 2.6.1 nor
> in
>> > 2.6.2!!!
>>
>> No, that's ok, Synaptics is enabled by default and can be disabled
>> by boot options such as "psmouse.proto=imps".

Maybe you are doing something like that?
Make sure your Symaptics is detected, look for

Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
 Firmware: 5.9
 Sensor: 44
 new absolute packet format
 Touchpad has extended capability bits
 -> multifinger detection
 -> palm detection
 -> pass-through port
input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio1
serio: Synaptics pass-through port at isa0060/serio1/input0

Or look in /proc/bus/input/devices, it should show up there as well.

If that is ok I think you need to install the Synaptics driver for XFree
from http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html,
download version 0.12.3 and follow the instructions in INSTALL.

Hope this helps

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>