Re: Laptop recomendation?

not sure who started the thread so I will just reply to the list
only....

I use a Toshiba Satellite 6100 Pro and everything works except the
built-in SD card (which may very well work but I have never taken the
time to try to get it to work cause I have one of those usb all-in-one
card readers).  Dont want to start a os war, but I use only gentoo
(stage 1) on it and before that I had used redhat 8 and 9.

Hardware specific information is here:
http://www.maysville-linux-users-group.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21&sid=e990e6e4d63a3bb9eb79fa6bb9f7fd8e
CPU : Pentium 4 Mobile, 1.7 GHZ
Cache : 12k Level1, 512k Level2
Memory : 1024 MB PC2100, expandable to 1 GB
HDD : 60 GB UDMA ATA/100 drive
CD-ROM : Combo CD-R/DVD
PCMCIA : CardBus 32bit dual slot
USB : USBv1-compliant bus, dual external port
APM : ACPIv1-compliant BIOS
Network : Intel Pro 10/100, Wi-Fi 802.11b-DS Orrinco
Sound : Yamaha YMF753 16bit Stereo
Video : NVidia GeForce4 Go (32MB), UXGA TFT 1600x1200
Modem : 56k V.90 Data/Fax
Misc USB and PCMCIA devices that I use, including Firewire Cards, Card
Readers, Printers, Etc including a Kanguru Firewire DVD-R/RW