Re: Laptop recomendation?

Might as well add my 2cents...

I recently did a laptop purchase and settled on a Fuijitsu (C-series).  Reason
was that it was rated highly, one of the very few notebooks still made in
quality-central Japan.  And it had all the features I wanted (example I may
have opted for an IBM, if they still had legacy ports).

Everything else is made in Taiwan, China etc.  IBM is still rated high at the
moment, but will probably change within the next year as the new Chinese
company that bought out their notebook/PC line takes hold.

So if you buy IBM, get it quick.

Dell, I've heard mixed reports about.  Some like them and some despise them.

And if you are searching for a gamer's notebook, try looking at Sager (or the
Canadian equivalent Eurocom).

Hope this helps.

Arlen