Re: xdm modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-13

Hello Jose.

I would love to tell you to just uninstall XDM, but unfortunately, some
X Windows components depend on the package (blah!). I like my
text-console login, so I just rename /etc/init.d/xdm
to /etc/init.d/xdm.disabled. This is sufficient enough to break the
symbolic links in the /etc/rc[x].d directories that point to it, so no
matter what runlevel you find yourself in, XDM will not start.

As for the module error, I'm not sure about it. Perhaps it has something
to do with PTY access and XDM?
What kernel version are you running? Is it a custom-built kernel?
Debian-prepackaged kernel? Popcorn kernel?

-----
Jeremy