kernel 2.6 and Nokia D211 WLAN/GPRS

I am considering to buy the Nokia D211 WLAN/GPRS pc card on the basis of
a good linux compatibility. At tuxmobil website there is even a linux
driver guide but it is quite old (2002 released) and mentioning a
2.4.16 kernel as "test kernel". My question is: does this card work well
with new 2.6 kernel series and can I use the cardbus module instead of
pcmcia-cs?? I am currently using the cardbus module to successfully
manage the card socket.
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.
GnuPG key ID: 28A61681