Custom DSDT--The Debian Way?

Hello all,

The DSDT on my Dell Inspiron 300m seems buggy--KDE
tells me I "appear to have a partial ACPI
installantion," and I get a bunch of ACPI errors on
bootup.

I'd like to try to edit the DSDT (or use one from
acpi.sourceforge.net).

But there are a bunch of different methods listed at
the ACPI project: A kernel patch that statically links
the custom DSDT in, another patch that allows the
kernel to load a custom DSDT in an initrd. (N.B.:
These patches appear to be against a vanilla
kernel...)

So what's The Debian Way to do it? What do other folks
do?

Thanks,

R.