Re: MIC's loud and Speaker screams when sound module loads. Why?

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 03:32 pm, p wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:00:11PM -0800, Benedek Frank wrote:
> > Hi
>
> __deletia_
>
> > When the machine boots, and the sound module gets loaded (solo1) a
> > screaming noise start coming out from the speaker, and won't be quiet
> > until I mute the MIC in KDE. Now, KDE remembers my default settings, so
> > whenever KDE loads up, the noise goes away, but it is still a pain. Until
> > its loaded, the noise reamins, waking up people in the house, when I try
> > to work. :(
>
> __deletia__
>
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bence
>
> __deletia__
>
> //
>
> i'm not 100% sure--i'm trying to remember from
> a few years ago:
>
> 1.  apt-get install aumix
>
> 2.  "turn down the "mic" channel
>
> 3.  reboot

Thanks, cannot wait to try it. The laptop is not with me now, but I downloaded
the package onto another Debian machine, and it sure looks promising. I will
get back with the results, and hopefuly it will help others as well.

Thanks

Bence