Re: once bitten, twice nvidia

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:22:49PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
Old packages may be found here:

Hmmm. The two packages that I was looking for are:
but nothing *exactly* matches the first one. Does anyone know what
comprises the nvidia-kernel-common package? (And how I can override, or
create a new /var/lib/dpkg/available file?

Hey Emma,

Just a side-question, not related to your woes with the nvidia driver directly -- do you absolutely *need* accelerated video support?

If not, when I get into these situations with the "nvidia" non-free driver, I just bail back to the free "nv" driver which my card also supports by changing my X configuration -- then I have slow but workable X to diddle around and fix the nvidia proprietary stuff (again).

Hope that helps,