Re: DVD on Thinkpad?

On 20 Nov 2004, Loïc Minier wrote:
> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> - Sat, Nov 20, 2004:
>
> > A newer version of the dvdcss code, you mean, or of something else?
>
>  Newer versions of all software hosted there: libdvdcss, libdvbpsi,
>  libdvdplay, libdts, and vlc.  At least.

Thanks to all on this list I now have DVDs working well on my Thinkpad.
One problem remains: I want to connect the computer to a TV. I can see
the picture well  on the TV but the sound does not come through. I've
tried fiddling with the audio settings in xine and vlc but no help.

I realize this may well be a hardware problem  related to the TV rather
than the Thinkpad but if anyone has any ideas I'd be interested.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic