Re: Sound on Thinkpad R50e
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Sound on Thinkpad R50e
- From: Anthony Campbell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:49:29 +0000
- Message-id: <20041111154929.GI19320@arcadia>
- In-reply-to: <20041111143502.GH19320@arcadia>
- References: <20041111143502.GH19320@arcadia>
On 11 Nov 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I've just installed Debian on this machine via Debian-installer.
> All went well apart from sound, which is not working. The installer
> loaded the ALi-5451 module. But lspci shows ALi-5457. Not sure if this
> makes any difference.
> Has anyone got this working for them?
Sorry - please ignore this. Sound _is_ working, but I was testing it
with saytime which does nothing (although it works on 2 other machines
email@example.com || http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian || for book reviews, electronic
Windows-free zone || books and skeptical articles