RE: ndiswrapper and wireless on Inspiron 5160 : installation and some questions

Hello, I just installed a linksys on a desktop, I had got the same ipv6
problem... I'm not sure it is gonna work in your case, for I installed in
Fedora (it was not my machine). So, I'll tell you what I did in Fedora and you
put it in Debian (to make the translation, check
http://www.gnoppix.org/pages/rute/node28.html)

I did not have to define an essid, it gets all automaticaly, BUT I had to
create a ifcfg-wlan0 file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. (neither of these
exist in debian, but the page above will tell you where to put the info).

This file had:
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
WIRELESS_MODE=Managed
TYPE=Wireless
ONBOOT=yes

I had already got everything from my access point. Then,

ifconfig wlan0 up

and

dhclient wlan0

this is where the file above comes to the scene. With that file, dhclient gets
you an ipv4 address, otherwise you'll get that no ipv6 routers present error
message.

hope I helped somehow... sorry, but I got no experience with wireless in
debian.