[solved] No sound after installing KDE...

Hi,

>> Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:
>> I am using kmix to watch the problem and turn the volume up, it
seems
>> to work fine and I haven't had any lock problems.

Yes, it turned out that the KMix volume is set to minimum... What a
wierd default value...

>> Fede <cepedaf@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Try installing the alsa modules...

I installed alsa-base before looking at KMix, so duno which one that
solved the problem.

And... thx for all the advices of creating deb package for JDK. But I
was too eager to install the JDK, so I ran the self-extracting file...
Anybody know how to uninstall it if I want to install a newer version
later? ^_^

One more thing, I also installed Thunderbird, in my XP it looks great,
but in KDE... errr... :(

Okay, thx all the helpful people.

- Rony -