Re: May be slightly off topic but not much

On 24 Sep 2004, Robert Goley wrote:
> I want to put together a private apt repository of basic in house
> configuration packages for our laptops and servers. I already have the
> debian packages created and lintian doesn't complain too much.  I just
> do not know how to create a repository of custom packages.  Can anyone
> provide some basic help or references to start from?

apt-ftparchive, from the apt-utils package, can be used to generate the
required 'Packages' file.  I used this last time I needed to make one of
these.

Just dump the packages into a single directory, the use apt-ftparchive
and gzip to create Packages.gz for them.  Make that web accessible and
bingo, an archive.

       Daniel
--
Open-mindedness is a quality which will always exist where desire
for knowledge is genuine. It only fails where other desires have