RE: (newbie question)funny little boxes on my screen-Toshiba 2210

G'day all,
I'm running Kernel version 2.4.26 plus Gentoo patches
Debian Testing (Sarge) on a Toshiba 2210 laptop. I
bought this laptop in Oz before I moved to Scotland
and have since moved from XP to Linux.
I had Mandrake running fine (screen wise) but now I've
moved to Debian I have these weird looking boxes at
the bottom of the screen that are miniature versions
of my screen. There are is also a black bar to the
right and one to the bottom of the screen.
I really like Linux, particularly Debian due to the
package management, but this is driving me nuts, I
can't seem to find a repeat of my problem anywhere.
Please help!
Alastair

http://au.movies.yahoo.com