Re: FireFox: password of the password manager

Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello,

recently I migrated from mozilla to firefox and I forgot my former passward of the password manager:
how can I (as root if necessary) recover it ?

Think real hard, until you remember the passphrase.

Other than that, you can't "recover" the passphrase. You can blow away your old signon database, and start over with a new passphrase though. Just look for a line in your prefs.js file that looks like 'user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", <blah>);' to find the name of the database file (it's the "<blah>" part). Then delete that file in your profile directory.

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett@hp.com>
   -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -