Re: Debian on ThinkPad T41p: a report and a question

On 7 Sep 2004, Martin Weinberg wrote:

[...]

> The one problem I am having is quite odd: I find that remote sessions
> through a ssh tunnel hang intermittently after a few kilobytes.  My
> old laptop (a Sony Vaio) also running Sarge with the same setup and
> wirelessly attached to the same router but kernel 2.6.7 works fine.
> Other network connections seem to work during an episode of hanging.
> If I am patient, most often a future ssh connection will work (and
> then continue to work until terminated).  Does anybody have a clue?
> I'm stuck on this one.

It sounds to me like the wireless network driver you are using has some
issues with packet retransmission, or something similar, that causes
some connections to hang.

You might try a newer driver, or report it to them.

    Daniel
--
They [men] work those suits, don't they? It's not about the suit making the
man, it's about how the man is filling out the suit.