Re: resizing X ?!?

* Duncan Kolba <duncankolba@gmx.de> [2004 Sep 01 14:41 -0500]:
> hi
>
> I bought an old IBM Thinkpad 760EL and installed SID on it.
> unfortunately i am not too good in configuring X so it doesn't work
> properly :(
>
> I read two IBM 760EL howtos and user their XF86Config-4s
> here: http://www.geocities.com/dueze/xf86config760el.txt
> here: http://personal.riverusers.com/~thegrendel/XF86Config
> and here: http://personal.riverusers.com/~thegrendel/XF86Config-3.3.6
> none worked!
>
> xdm and X itself worked after I tried several settings BUT the screen
> runs in 640x480 uninterlaced (e.g. there's black borders around)
>
> how can i get X to run in 800x600 or even 1024x786 ?

I tried a couple years back to do this, but had no luck so I reverted
the machine back to XFree 3.3.x which worked in 800x600 8 bit color
mode.  The laptop is long gone, so I can't be of any more help.

At the time there seemed to be no work being done on the EL video
chipset.  I suspect there is no change in the progress.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"