Re: Problem getting ALSA working on Dell Inspiron 4150

Matthew Guenther wrote:

This sounds pretty close to what happened to me with my Inspiron 8200 after a kernel upgrade, I posted a question here and got a response from Bruno Muller to try booting with "pci=noacpi" passed to the kernel.

Hmm. I tried that and it didn't work. However, I've also got my snd-intel8x0m modem driver blacklisted in hotplug because some website said that the drivers sometimes get loaded out of order or something.

****** REQUEST *******
Could someone with an Inspiron with *working* alsa sound please reply to this message with the contents of /proc/asound/cards, please?

I'm trying to see if there's supposed to be something showing up there besides the i810 modem.

- Joe

--
When freedom gives way to tyranny, it is not because tyranny comes
dressed as a wolf. Rather, it comes dressed as a shepherd,