switching back to lcd from vga (toshiba tecra m2)

I often plug my laptop into my CRT when I boot it up. Which works fine, but the LCD is off. I want to be able to revert back to the LCD without rebooting.

If I am not connected to anything i can run:

	# toshset -bl on/off

But while connected to the CRT i get:

	HCI error setting LCD backlight
	        HciFunction returned: NOTREADY

Further I am running the 2.6.7 kernel, to which I thought ACPI was enable as I have acpid. In xconfig > General Setup > ACPI Support > module ACPI was not chosen (don't know the explanation there). I am contemplating compiling a kernel with the Toshiba Laptop Extra's under the same options. Has anyone have any clue about this extra's ?

-sime