Re: proposal: create a documentation packages for each laptop brand-serie

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 09:26:54AM -0400, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> I think that is a great! idea. Maybe two packages though laptop-common
> and laptopbrand-laptopseries. And "maybe" (just a thought) have say,
> laptop-common install a set of packages common to all laptops and
> laptopbrand-laptopseries install a set of packages specific for that
> brand and series as well as the other information you listed below. Then
> the user would have a basic setup for their laptop that worked and then
> he could read through the documentation to find out more information.
> Just my thoughts.

For the laptop-common package you may take the
"Unofficial Debian Laptop Proposal" into account:
http://tuxmobil.org/debian_linux.html

It includes a suggestion of Debian packages suitable for
laptops.

	Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86