Re: proposal: create a documentation packages for each laptop brand-serie

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:35:28AM -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> However, what the original writer was suggesting was a meta-package
> along the lines of "kde-extras" which itself depends on a suite of
> appropriate other Debian packages and specific configuration options
> which would complete the particular laptop.

Ah. I only read it as the documentation part.

> I believe that contributing back to linux-on-laptops.com is "our" best
> method for documentation. It also spreads the load over different
> distributions of Linux, not just those of us with Debian. We may be a
> large community, but by no measure a majority.

The biggest challenge I see is setting up a template so that you have a
consistent format for all documents. As part of the template you could
have a section called, "required packages." Or something to that effect.

thanks,
emma
PS Please reply to the list. Do _NOT_ reply to me personally. If you've
already replied to be directly, please post your email to the list as
well. thanks!

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]