Re: Airport problem

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:55:39 -0400
Derrik Pates <dpates@dsdk12.net> wrote:

DP> This is a NetGear or something? My friend has a Linksys AP that I
DP> was trying to use the other evening at his apartment from my
DP> PowerBook Pismo - for whatever reason I couldn't get it to talk to
DP> the base station until I put the card into "restricted" mode
DP> (/sbin/iwconfig eth1 enc restricted).

Sadly, no improvement.

Is there any way to tell at which stage the access process is stalling?
As far as I can see the access point frequency is being correctly
identified, and it may initially find the MAC of the access point but
that disappears and is replaced by the 4444444444 placeholder as soon as
I try to run dhclient. Not surprisingly nothing gets as far as the dhcp
server. The power and noise levels are fixed and usually identical
(unlike the work access point where there are continual variations even
when the computer is just sitting on my desk).

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |