Re: 3d acceleration for radeon mobility 7500

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:43:57 +0200 (CEST) Tim wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> i recently bought an IBM thinkpad R51. i got wlan, GBit-ethernet and
> everything else i need  to work under debian sarge/testing with a 2.6.6
> kernel, except for the 3d acceleration of the ati radeon mobility 7500
> card.
> does anybody have 3d acceleration working under debian sarge? if so,
> could you please tell me what driver and configuration you are using?

Asus L3C here, ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500].
Acceleration is a bit buggy, still crashes running flightgear, but games
like tuxracer, torcs or neverball are running very well. glxgears report
500-600 FPS.

I don't remember doing anything much to get it working with recent
Sarge packages, I certainly didn't install anything from ATI's website.
Let's see:

1) Configured my kernel (2.6.7) appropriately (radeon driver)

   I actually compiled all the AGP and DRM drivers as modules

2) Have installed xlibmesa-dri 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 and xserver-xfree86
4.3.0.dfsg.1-4

3) Have the following in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

     Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "glx"
     EndSection

     Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
     EndSection

     Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon Mobility M7 [LW]"
        Driver          "ati"
     EndSection

     Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon Mobility M7 [LW]"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
     EndSection

     Section "ServerLayout"