Re: using acpi

* Bernhard Kleine:

> Hi,
> since I have already asked some days before whether anybody could
> provide scripts for acpi support e.g. to shut down the screen when the
> cover is closed and since I did not receive any response,=20
>
> I will ask again:
>
> Is there someone to share his experience using acpi with kernel 2.6.(6)
> and higher?

I have an Asus M2400N and when I close the lid, the screen is turned off
automatically. But I am not sure, who or what is responsible for that.
IIRC it was the same with a 2.4.x kernel and APM (today it runs 2.6.7
w/ACPI).

I had no luck in putting the laptop to suspend mode whatsoever. But I
didn't hunt down the reason (might be usb or ipw2100 or prism54, I
guess).

J.
--
If you do not move for long enough, you might see a rat.