Re: boot wireless net connection

Randall Smith wrote:
I have a wireless connection on pcmcia. When booting, the network connections come up before pcmcia, so my wireless connection does not come up. What is the best way to bring up the wireless connection on boot.

i am not sure if this is the right way to do it, but you could rename the pcmcia startup link in /etc/rc2.d to start with a lower number;

 cd /etc/rc2.d/
 rm S20pcmcia
 ln -s /etc/init.d/pcmcia S12pcmcia

i'm sure there is some doco about this kind of thing somewhere =)
i also expect there may be side effects, so google ...

cheers,

Kim Hawtin                             CH3
IT Systems Administrator                |
Ratbag                                  N
Level 8, 63 Pirie Street,              / \
Adelaide SA 5000, Australia      N----C   C==O
Ph 0 882 235 830                ||   ||   |
Fx 0 882 235 746                ||   ||   |
khawtin at ratbaggames dot com   CH   C   N--CH3
                                  \  / \ /
This email is confidential for     N    C
the addressee only andis subject   |   ||
to copyright where applicable.    CH3   O