Re: wireless-card configuration

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 10:59:04PM -0700, Adam Lydick wrote:
> (3) Your card is detected by various means (vendorID/productID pair, or
> reported name, or other ways) [I think these are the "card" entries].
> This points to a "device" type.
>
> (4) The device types describes the "class" of the device and the driver
> that needs to be loaded.

Cardmgr detects the card insert and uses modprobe to load the modules
as defined in the config files, as you say.  Then, also as you say,
Cardmgr runs the script (e.g. "network").

Here's my question.  What else does cardmgr do?  I tried stopping
cardmgr then manually inserting my card, manually loading the modules
and finally manually running the script but the driver didn't bind to
the card (or something like that).  So I'm curious what other step is
happening.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org