Re: Un-installing this......

B. Douglas Hilton wrote:

Daniel Pittman wrote:

On 8 Jul 2004, Bill Gladney wrote:
I see all kinds of help files.....in here on this site.....but noticed
there is not one piece of info on how to get this program off a
computer...

That isn't usually such a problem, so people don't document it much. :)

Bill, you clearly are not ready for this. I don't know how you stumbled onto installing Debian on your system, but if you think that an operating system is just a program, you *definately* aren't ready for Debian.

Slap that recovery cd back in. If that doesn't work, get your wallet out, send the laptop back, or take it to the local computer nerd and pay him to put windows back on.

Debian is great, but running it on a laptop is probably the most complicated possible way you could start, <snip>

Even though this is a bit harsh, there is some merit in the sentences. There are other distros that are much easier to install. I installed Libranet (Debian with a few extras), it has a very easy install and you can still take advantage of the Debian features. I started with Redhat 7.2.. then RH8... and on to others. Redhat, Mandrake, SuSe linux are much easier to install. As I mentioned earlier there are also LiveCDs that you can use and see what you think. You can read about them later... Go here for a long list of live CDs.

Don't worry.... you'll get there.
-Jeff