Re: Sarge: Klaptopd dislikes battery (2.6.7)

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 02:54:57PM +0200, Christian Heim wrote:
> Am Montag, 5. Juli 2004 10:48 schrieb Jan L?hr:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > sadly I have some trouble with KLaptopd (Sarge: KDE 3.2.2-afaik - well
> > however why does dpkg -l kde say 3.1.2 and dpkg -l kmail & kcontrol say
> > 3.2.2 ?;) on my new Acer 291 LCI (tmate).
> > Somehow the battery is not recognised correctly with 2.6.7 ACPI (cat state
> > tells me it is discharging with a rate of 0).
> > Thus(?) KLaptopd have some trouble analysing the remaining capacity and
> > logs off the user directly after login. (Needless to say the I didn't set
> > any battary low, battery critical, etc) action in kcontrol.
> > What's going wrong here?
> >
> It's because of the lack in Acer's BIOS information. Has nothing to do with
> Klaptopd

I agree with you that the BIOS in this case do not give the rate value,
but that's not a reason for klaptop to give up.  The rate value is only
indicative anyway and is most of time not accurate enough to deduce the
remaining time for example.

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.