Sarge: Klaptopd dislikes battery (2.6.7)

Greetings,

sadly I have some trouble with KLaptopd (Sarge: KDE 3.2.2-afaik - well
however why does dpkg -l kde say 3.1.2 and dpkg -l kmail & kcontrol say
3.2.2 ?;) on my new Acer 291 LCI (tmate).
Somehow the battery is not recognised correctly with 2.6.7 ACPI (cat state
tells me it is discharging with a rate of 0).
Thus(?) KLaptopd have some trouble analysing the remaining capacity and logs
off the user directly after login. (Needless to say the I didn't set any
battary low, battery critical, etc) action in kcontrol.
What's going wrong here?

Keep smiling
yanosz