RE: multimedia buttons

--On Friday, July 02, 2004 00:41:20 +0100 ntr <Norton.Roman@itri.brighton.ac.uk> wrote:

That's precisely the problem... xev does not works with those keys... at
least  in my laptop...

===== Original Message From Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <tgakic@chem.tue.nl>
===== On  1-07-2004, at 19h 58'06", norton wrote about "Re: multimedia
buttons"
well, I have an acer aspire, and I installed hotkeys (apt-get hotkeys)
and configured it... you'll need the keycodes for these keys...

try to find if you have in the internet the configuration files for you
laptop... if you cannot find it, let me know and I'll send you mine...
but they will not work in your laptop... although you can always use
them as a guide

You can use xev to see if pressing those keys you get a keycodes for
it. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and some of the Fn combinations with Fx
keys dows not generate a keycode so I can't program it :-(  But I am
not too fun of using extra keys than the ususal.

Don't know if this goes for the aspire model, but on travelmate you have to use a kernel module for the keys to be detected (I _think_ they don't generate events without it but I may be wrong).

You may want to take a look at
	<http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~tauber/acerhk/>

(just saw that they mention Aspire too).

Good luck,
	Emil