debian wireless weirdness netgear mr814v2 and belkin card

Hello,

    I have a laptop that I have installed debian on.  On one
wireless network I can connect just fine.  But on a second
wireless network I have problems.  Other clients connect fine on
both networks, so I know the access points are both fine.

    My problem is that on my debian GNU/Linux system when I
connect to the access point in question I can ping hosts by name
and IP

     EG: ping yahoo.com works  .   So DNS is working fine as dig
also works and ping returns with time and tty etc.

     Problem is I cannot connect to anything else.  If I try
telnet yahoo.com 80   it just hangs.

     For some reason tcp seems gacked?  ANy ideas suggestions or
things that I can try to debug this?

Thanks,
Joe