Re: Dead TP600X...

I used to have a Thinkpad 600E, and the bootup error sounds like a
dead BIOS battery. I had the same kind of problem.

You can pick up a new battery for about $8 through IBM parts. You
might also be able to just replace the button battery yourself - its
just a battery shrink-wrapped to a connector.

The disk problem... thats another matter.

Chris M.