Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless with 2.6 kernels?

Cheers all, I'm new to this list, and without further ado:

I have an aironet 350 pcmcia wireless card that works without a hitch in 2.4 kernels, but I have yet to get it to associate when running 2.6 kernels. cardctl recognizes the card and cardmgr loads the appropriate modules (airo.o and airo_cs.o), and even brings up eth1 for a minute, but it will not get an ip address (from the AP's DHCP server), nor does a static ip work.

Suspecting a firmware issue I downgraded to the latest recommended version (4.50.23), but this did not help, as I have the same problem: The driver loads just fine and the interface comes up but will not associate.

I also suspected issues with the laptop hardware or the kernel configuration, until I tried on three different laptops (a Thinkpad 240, a Toshiba 5200 and another Toshiba-can't remember model) with the same results.

I googled around a bit but could not find anything short of possible firmware problems. I consider myself an adept at debugging network issues but I find myself stumped here.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, tell me what I've missed or let me know what kind of information is needed to properly debug this, I would be very thankful.

-Kacper