Re: inspiron 8100 and debian woody

Am Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2004 19:49 schrieb Karen Loiselet:
> Hi all,
> after a successful installation of debian on an old desktop k6-2 I decide
> to migrate my inspiron 8100 laptop to debian (currently I run mandrake).
> But now I have some freeze problems during installation procedure. I've
> googlelised and read linux-laptop with the only result of booting with bf24
> noapic video16:off but this still doesn't work. Anybody have encounter the
> same problem and find a solution? Thanks to all
> Karen

I guess you run into trouble with PCMCIA at the hardware detect, check out the
HOWTOS at:

http://tuxmobil.org/dell.html

You can look at the docs for i8000 and i8100 since there are only minor
differences (as far as I know ;-)

cheers, Manfred

--
User against TCPA and public surveillance:
http://www.stop1984.org