Re: List based subject line

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 08:55:37PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
> I use this account for all my linux related mailing lists. All of the
> lists but this one have the list name at the start of the subject:
> ie.
> Subject: [debian-laptop] list based subject line

Please, no.

> I'd like to propose that this list do so as well. I can't be the only
> person who would find it a lot easier to sort out their mail (and get
> rid of spam) if this were done.

You can use procmail, a very simple yet efficient and very powerful mail
filter. If you use the following rule:

:0

you can filter all your debian mailing lists automatically in folders
named debian-laptop, debian-user, etc. Just subscribe to a list and the
there by procmail.

I used the X-Mailing-List header, but of course, List-Id could be used.
Maybe better, even.

HTH,

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!