Re: Synaptics touchpad

The Durston-Smiths wrote:
Is it ok to install a generic touchpad onto my TravelMate 200 Series laptop?
(Purchased in April 2001)

<rant>

There have been several useful replies on this topic so far, with no response from you.

AFAIK there is no proprietary linux drivers from Synaptic for their touchpads.

Are you actually running Debian or even Linux on this Laptop, or are you running a Micro$oft Operating system?

If the latter I suggest you contact either Acer or Micro$oft support.

if you are running Debian, I apologize for being so rude as to infer that you are one of the many fools out there that send bloody requests for micro$oft drivers to this list and also suggest you try one of the options given and let us know how you went!

</rant>