Re: FW: Console framebuffer

Tiago Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi, this is my first post and It's not really laptop specific, but
> since I use debian on my laptop I belive it aplies. I have a compaq
> presario X1000 with an ATI radeon 9200, I instaled the ATI drivers
> and I'm happy with X resolution (1280x800) and 3D, only I can't
> seem to aply the correct resolution to the console and the fonts
> are very big. Can anyone help me out on this? I'm using lilo to
> boot and a 2.6.5 kernel. Thanks.
>
> Tiago R

Tiago, try to put a append in your lilo.conf
something like this
append="video=mttr,vesa:1024x768 vga=0x317"

I use grub and here is a example

title           Debian GNU/Linux, Kernel 2.6.6
root            (hd0,1)
kernel          /vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro video=mttr,vesa:1024x768
vga=0x317
savedefault
boot

Hugo Santos