Re: Problems with ACPI - Compaq Presario 700, 2.4.25

Well, if you want to solve it you should probably try running the latest
kernel first, and if the problem persists, surf to http://acpi.sf.net for
information on how to submit a bug report.

Looking at your attached stuff, your ACPI is from January and there is no
error to be seen except for maybe the (blacklisted?) BIOS of your compaq.

What I'm saying is, there's not enough info to help you. So try running
2.4.26, maybe even patched with 2.4.27-pre3 from http://kernel.org and try
searching http://bugzilla.kernel.org for your model. Google turned up:

http://students.fct.unl.pt/users/fdc10056/presarioeng.html

and