Re: Debian Sarge and Wireless Network. Unable to receive ip address.

On Sat, 22 May 2004 15:40:42 -0700, MB <sparkynine@yahoo.com> wrote:

Are you sure that you are connecting to the correct wireless LAN?

Can you show the output from iwconfig?

If the card has a flashing light, that usually means that it is searching for a network.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had to travel to University to check
the Wireless network. (That's why the reply is a bit late.)
Here's the output of iwconfig. Nothing seems to be updated there.
The light on my W-card flashes propotionally to the signal strength.

Regards

Håkon A. Jensen
Email/MSN: hokky@hotmail.com
ICQ: 298108

debian:/etc# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Channel:4  Access Point: FF:00:00:00:00:00
          Bit Rate:11Mb/s
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

sit0      no wireless extensions.