Re: Debian Sarge and Wireless Network. Unable to receive ip address.

On Sun, 23 May 2004 14:08:16 -0700, Stephen Birch <sgbirch@imsmail.org> wrote:

"H?kon A. Jensen"(hokky@hokky.org)@2004.05.22 22:14:30 +0000:
Hi,

I've got a problem getting my wireless card to work with
Debian Sarge on my laptop (HP Pavillion ze4204s).

  ---- <snip> ---

The wireless card is working in WinXP, so I know it's something
wrong with my configuration.

Ideas anyone?

Try adding wireless_key to your iface eth1 as follows:

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp
	wireless_key open

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't make any difference.
What exactly does the "wireless_key open" do?
Is there somewhere I can find more information on these
configuration options for wireless cards?

Regards

Håkon A. Jensen
Email/MSN: hokky@hotmail.com
ICQ: 298108