Re: Suspend to RAM or switch to TTY bug on Dell C840 w/ NVidia video

Am 2004.05.19 12:34 schrieb(en) François TOURDE:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > Using my laptop on AC power works fine, but when I try to play
 > unplugged, it's a nightmare.
 >
 > - Closing the LID seems to lock the system
 >
 > - Switching to a text TTY (CTRL+ALT+F1) lock the video, but I'm still
 >   able to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to shutdown (Never tried
 >   CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE, but I will soon)
 >
 > I'm using stock kernel 2.6.5, with NVidia video drivers.

I would try to disable the framebuffer.

In former days it wasn't possible to use the rivafb and the nvidia-x11 drivers together (you shouldn't use 2 accelerated graphic-drivers on one card at one time ;)

But I don't know how it is today...

cu
/Steffen

--
/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict