RE: usb debian

carex@skynet.be wrote:

> For my own follow-up:
>
>  I installed sarge yesterday.
>  With kernel-2.6.5 is my USB working correctly.
>  lspci is also as showed on:
>     http://ecologia.unex.es/linux/laptops/toshiba_a30.html?
>
>  But there are too much problems with the other applications !!
>   (mozilla freezes when I want to type an url,
>    konqueror does not start,even with kde installed, kde dos
> not work...)
>  Normal. sarge is still in "testing"

That's _not_ normal at all.  Sarge has, for all intents, been ready for
"stable" for over a year.  Konqueror works fine.  Kde has been a little
unstable recently, because 3.2 just hit sarge, but that's also worked out
now.  Mozilla works.

>  And wait for the stable release of sarge. (debian is still
> my preferred)

That will likely be a looong wait, and I'm betting you'd still be broken.
Better would be to figure out what you are missing - try running any of the
problem programs from a console and see what errors you get.
--
derek