Unidentified subject!

Hi guys. I've just subscribed this ml I hope you can help me (and of
course I help you one time!)
I've a Dell Inspiron 5100. Well, had it :( yesterday my hd started
having read-write problems, I think it's goin' to death.
I realy need the laptop in this time (I'm doing my "Spamassassin" thesis
on it) so bought a firewire 5'1/4 box for use a HD of mine. For now I'm
using Knoppix 3.4 (wow! I'm doing the same things only a bit slower)
but I hope can install Debian and boot from the firewire hd box.
PS the bios let me boot form ie1394 (either from usb but i prefer
firewire)

Thank u a lot for any help!

--
http://wecanstopspam.org  -  http://openoffice.org
GPG Key: ftp://alienshell.dyndns.org/gpg_pub_key