Re: usb mouse only works when plugged in at boot.

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 02:43:40PM -0700, peace bwitchu wrote:
> mousedev wasn't getting loaded before X
>

> --- peace bwitchu <peacebwitchu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I am having a problem with my usb mouse, it doesn't
> > want to work unless it is plugged in at boot.  The
> > modules are loaded but lsmod shows that they aren't
> > used.  The hotplug stuff works if the usbmouse is
> > installed at boot as well I can unplug and plug at
> > will.   The hardware is a IBM X31 thinkpad with a
> > IBM
> > travel mouse running Sarge and kernel 2.4.26.

I had the same problem, the solution was to define the usb mouse as a
second mouse and run it through gpm in repeater mode (X uses
/dev/gpmdata).

I still need to load gpm manually when I plug the mouse in since it
doesn't get loaded if there is no mouse, but that could probably be
configured to happen through hotplug (haven't tried).