Re: cpu scaling on Dell 5150

I've been trying powenowd for a few hours now, it does seem to work
better (frequency does not change in a second, and I like the scaling
approach better, as opposed to cpudyn's maximum or minimum thing).

However, I still have not seen a reduction in temperature, which is the
main reason I wanted this.  Plus, I still find the discrepancy between
the frequency reported by
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed (which matches the
one reported in /proc/cpuinfo) and the one reported by x86info, culled
from the /dev/cpu/0/cpuid, which does not go down very much (only
occasionally and then only to around 1200MHz at the most).  Which one
should I trust?

--
Ivan Fernández
ivan.fernandez@vanderbilt.edu