Re: Install Report --- Dell 8200

I've been using apm to suspend to ram and it's been working... I have not tried
to suspend to disk. When the computer comes back up after being suspended often
there is a flickering on the left of the screen or sometimes the whole screen
is vertically offset (the lowest portion of the screen on top and the topmost
below that), I usually do strl-alt-f1 and then ctrl-alt-f7 and it fixes it. I
have had a problem where the lcd backlight shuts off and wont come back on when
I come out of suspend, log out (and gdm restarts), or switch to a text terminal
and then back to X. I had this problem under windows XP a couple times as well
and am inclined to believe it's a hardware problem. The monitor always seems on
the verge of going kaput on this laptop.