Re: USB mouse won't work

James Tappin wrote:
 > Yes -- ehci is for USB 2.0 and uhci is for 1.x. Since (I assume) the
mouse isn't USB 2, the uchi module will be needed. I didn't catch the
start of the thread, but if you are using a 2.6 kernel you will need
mousedev and a usb mouse module (I quite forget it's name) loaded.

If you use modconf (or edit /etc/modules) to add the modules you need,
then they will in future be autoloaded at boot time.

thanks James,

I put uhci_hcd in my /etc/modules and now it seems to be working :
modules hid, ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd are loaded,
the red light is on, and "cat /dev/input/mice" answers (with a lot of strange letters) when I mouve the mouse !

But now, I have a problem with X : the mouse is still not working when I start my gnome session (the touchpad is still working as before).
The red light is on, but moving the mouse doesn't move the cursor.

Maybe there is some problems with my XF86config-4 (I just added a new mouse section, see below).

By the way, what is mousedev (kernel module ?)
modprobe mousedev returns this : FATAL: Module mousedev not found.

Did I forget a module in my kernel config ?

Do I need this "mousedev" in order to use my usb mouse under X ?
What is the "usb mouse module" you are talking about (is it hid ?)

here is my XF86config-4 :

[...]
Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"   "ImPS/2"
    Option "Device"     "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "ZAxisMapping"       "4 5"
    Option "SendCoreEvents"     "true"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "LeftEdge"              "1900"
        Option          "RightEdge"             "5400"
        Option          "TopEdge"               "1800"
        Option          "BottomEdge"            "3900"
        Option          "FingerLow"             "25"
        Option          "FingerHigh"            "30"
        Option          "MaxTapTime"            "180"
        Option          "MaxTapMove"            "220"
        Option          "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
        Option          "MinSpeed"              "0.02"
        Option          "MaxSpeed"              "0.18"
        Option          "AccelFactor"           "0.0010"
EndSection

[...]

Section "ServerLayout"

    Screen "Screen0"