Re: Small screen on boot, problem

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:30:00AM -0300, augustofr@brturbo.com wrote:
}    When i first install debian on my laptop, the screen becomes very small, just a little
} quadrate. I resolved that putting in lilo.conf "vga=791". So i moved to GRUB, but how i enter this vga=791 with grub ? And is there another way to resolve that problem ? My card is a Trident CyberAlladin, i compilled the kernel 2.6.5 that have support for Trident cards. Thanks.

I also had something similar, and like others that suggest the vga=
line, I found it preferrable to actually rebuild the kernel without
frame buffering. The came about because the video resume on suspend
wasn't working for me, and not that I have a new kernel, it seems
to be correctly "waking up".

To make things easier on myself, I pulled the header files and kernel
tree packages, then disabled the things that I didn't really want or
need, and then make a custom kernel *with* initrd enabled (new step for
me here) and then it would boot properly.

Hoping this helps you,

David

--

D. Frye