Re: kernel 2.6x radeon M7 graphic card and X11 woes.

debian@ausipos.com writes:

> Has anyone successfully installed a 2.6 kernel on a machine
> with a radeon M7 graphics card?
>
> I am running X11 4.3, on debian testing (sarge?).

Works fine on my Thinkpad T30, including 3D acceleration.

> Every time I boot a 2.6 kernel the screen goes blank when X
> starts. XF86.log shows nothing, neither does dmesg.
>
> If you have a working 2.6x kernel and a radeon M7 please
> send me your XF86 config! Please!!

For your perusal I put it on my T30 page:

http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/t30/debian-ibm-t30-2366-085.html
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/t30/XF86Config-4

Hope this helps

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/

Please always send email as plain text.
Email sent as HTML will be filtered and read later, or may get lost in spam.