Re: linux on an Acer TravelMate 800

http://www-lehre.inf.uos.de/~rfreund/tm.php

At 08:09 PM 4/5/2004, Luis Mendes wrote:

Hi all,

I am about to buy a new laptop and after searching a couple of different
brands I came across the Acer TravelMate 800 series which has most of
the features I am looking for. Has anyone on this list got any
experience with this laptop? I am planing to install Debian on it as I have done on the laptop I am using at the moment. I checked mobilix and linux-on-laptops and it seems that most of the hardware works fine under linux. I am a bit suspicious with the price since this is by far the cheapest laptop with these specs I could find. The next one up is almost £500 more expensive... (at least in the uk...)

Otherwise, suggestions for laptops with similar specs (centrino 1.7GHz,
512 Mb (or more)ram, large disk > 40Gb well supported graphics chip, not
too heavy, relatively long battery time... ) would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Luis
                  Astrophysics Group
   Luís E Mendes  Imperial College        Tel. +44 (0)20 7594 7539
                  Blackett Laboratory     Fax. +44 (0)20 7594 7541
                  Prince Consort Road
                  London, SW7 2BW
                  United Kingdom

Trimite celor dragi cele mai frumoase felicitari de Paste prin http://felicitari.acasa.ro